Had a bit of an unruly night!
Feeling quite nervous about the workshop today and kept obsessing about it.
Then tension from the left side of my neck has now moved to the middle of my neck as well as travelled down to the area in-between my shoulder blades.
Seems like my heart chakra (Anahata) is affected as well which was quite obvious in my meditation practice this morning. I couldn’t visualize pink light in my heart space in similarly no beam of golden light in my solar plexus (Manipura).
I felt unnerved and frustrated by this.
My inner critic raising its ugly head urging me to try harder. Which I did, but it wouldn’t work.
I turned to the Acu-Yoga book (Gach & Marco, 1988) and looked up exercises for the heart chakra. The heart chakra is about regulating emotions and connected to the cardiac plexus, the thymus gland, and the pericardium.
The following exercises benefit the heart chakra:
Flapping wings (Gach & Marco, 1988, p.69)
- Stand, stretch your arms back parallel to the ground, palms facing out till you feel a stretch between your shoulder-blades.
- Inhale, raise your chest up and out
- Exhale, keep your arms straight and parallel to the ground, bring them forward, your palms touching, your spine rounding.
- Continue to inhale as arms go backward again.
Cross my heart pose (Gach & Marco, 1988, p.70)
- Sit cross-legged, spine straight
- Place your right hand in your left arm pit and vice versa
- Close your eyes, tuning into your body and meditate on your heart
Gach, Michael Reed, with Carolyn Marco. Acu-Yoga: Self-Help Techniques to Relieve Tension. New York: Japan Publications, Inc., 1998.
What I am grateful for today:
- My morning bike ride
- Being healthy
- My morning practice