I just wanted to share what other women found helpful in terms of finding relief from menstrual problems. So if you are interested in further REMEDIES for PERIOD PAIN read on:
- Life style changes to reduce stress and unhappiness as stress aggravates menstrual problems.
- Hemp oil. Hemp oil is very rich with unsaturated fats and essential fatty acids (OMEGA 3 and OMEGA 6), strengthens the immune system, and has a natural anti-inflammatory effect. Take 1-2 teaspoons a day, either on its own or with food. It can also be rubbed into the skin of the area where the cramping is.
- Turmeric. Turmeric or Cucurma is part of the ginger family and not only serves as an antiseptic for cuts and burns but also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities and relieves period pain. In Bali I used to drink “Jamu” a tumeric juice containing fresh turmeric, lime juice and honey which not only strengthens the immune system and detoxifies the body but also helps with all sorts of stomach upsets.
- Castor oil packs. Castor oil packs are made by soaking a piece of flannel in castor oil and placing it on the skin. The flannel is covered with a sheet of plastic, and then a hot water bottle is placed over the plastic to heat the pack. A castor oil pack is placed on the skin to promote elimination and healing of the tissues and organs, relieve pain, and reduce inflammation. Fore more info about castor-oil-packs click here: http://www.holisticmd.org/self-help-corner/self-help-for-the-body/castor-oil-packs/
What I am grateful for today:
- A good nights sleep
- Finally having some time to myself
- My warm and cozy home especially in this weather