Period Pain – Hrrgh
Woke up this morning and could already feel this all too familiar cramping sensation in my uterus.
Here we go again:
Even after more than 20 years of this monthly recurrence I don’t feel it gets any easier. There is no remedy I haven’t tried from Homoeopathy to Chinese Medicine and still every month the same suffering on the first two days of my menstrual cycle.
I feel dizzy, there is pain in my lower back and uterus and my calves are quite sore. Not talking about my anger and anxiety attacks in the week leading up to it.
I have adjusted my practice this morning and incorporated some restorative asanas like:
- Seated and reclining butterfly pose (Baddha Konasana) with the soles of your feet together
- Wide Squat (Malasana), feet slightly wider than hips-width apart, elbows pressed against your inner knees and lengthen through your torso
- Wind relieving pose (Pavanmuktasana)
- Wide child’s pose (Balasana)
- Legs up against the wall (Viparita Karani)
What I really want to do is curl up in bed with a hot water bottle, lots of chocolate and a comforting book.
And lucky me, my schedule allows me to do just that.
For more info on how to relieve menstrual pain have a look at the following links:
What I am grateful for today:
- Having no appointments today
- My comfy bed
- My organic, chocolate bar sweetened with coconut sugar. YUM!