Yesterday I talked to my brother who has been suffering from bronchitis verging on pneumonia. Naturally he is on antibiotics.
My holistic self wanted to immediately run over and force all the natural remedies on him that I knew of. But I knew it would be fruitless as I could sense his resistance just by mentioning GINGER.
Nevertheless here’s what I would have liked to tell him and what I would advice my clients:
- In Chinese medicine the lungs are associated with grief (any kind of loss), sadness, anxiety, communication problems or general unhappiness → HOW DOES THAT RESONATE with you as I am mentioning that?
- Strengthening the lung meridian through either yoga, acupuncture, self applied meridian tapping, breathing exercises (e.g. Anuloma Viloma, alternate nostril breathing) and relaxation.
- Incorporate ginger, tumeric and honey into your diet.
Do yoga asanas like:
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist)
- Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
- Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
- Poses that have a backward bend which helps to remove excess mucus from the bronchial treeas
For more info
What I am grateful for today:
- Baking a spelt, macadamia, chocolate cake
- Listening to my body
- Meeting a dear friend in the afternoon
- Riding my bike