I notice how much tighter my body is when it’s cold. My joints and muscles feel stiff and need a much longer gentler warm up.
According to Ayurveda, winter is a time when we are more susceptible to health issues connected to Vata dosha, such as:
- Skin dryness
- Poor circulation
- Colds, coughs, fevers
- Tics and twitches
- Joint stiffness
- Feelings of overwhelm, exhaustion and anxiety
Can you relate to any of those?
By focusing on Vata balancing poses that are warming, grounding, calming and focus on core strength and flexibility we can counteract those issues.
Some Vata balancing poses are:
- TADASANA (Mountain pose)
- UTKATASANA (Chair Pose)
- UTTANASANA (Standing forward bend)
- TRIKONASANA (Triangle Pose)
- VIRABHADRASANA 1 (Warrior 1 pose)
For more info on balancing Vata have a look at:
What I am grateful for today:
- Having had a good night’s sleep
- Being healthy
- My bike ride this morning